Thank you to our exhibitors and attendees. If you missed this exhibit, you missed a great time but there's always next year ....
|1||MDC Vacuum||17||Mewasa AG|
|3||PI (Physik Instrumente) LP||19||Huntington Mechanical Labs|
|4||U C Components||20||InSync, Inc.|
|5||Cosmotec Inc||21||GMW Associates|
|8||Rayonix, L.L.C.||23||Applied Diamond, Inc|
|11||Nor-Cal Products, Inc.||26|
|12||Light Conversion USA||27||Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp.|
|13||Kurt J Lesker Co||28||BESTEC GmbH|
|15||Inprentus, Inc.||30||Agilent Technologies|
|16||Advanced Design Consulting|
Bestec offers innovative customized UHV systems for
- VUV, soft and hard X-ray illumination for both synchrotron radiation and soft X-ray laboratory sources,
- VUV and soft X-ray reflectometry/ellipsometry and spectroscopy and
- fabrication and analytics of nanostructured surfaces.
Our product portfolio ranges from soft X-ray lab sources and beamline components (monochromators, mirror units, slit units) to thin film deposition systems (sputtering, OLED, PLD with low-energy electron based surface analytics) and dedicated soft X-ray reflectometers, ellipsometers and spectrometers for the qualification of complex layered surface systems and basic research.
We provide integrated system solutions as well as single components for both scientific and industrial application. Each system is designed according to the specific customer requirements using well-proven modules and principles of optics, in-UHV precision mechanics and automation developed at Bestec over the last 25 years.
Canberra Industries was a pioneer in the development of Ge X-Ray Array Detectors for EXAFS and related synchrotron radiation applications. This product line has been augmented in recent years with Monolithic Ge Array Detectors which provide greater packing density and greater complexity (up to 100 pixels). Our early work in silicon drift technology led to the development of Peltier-Cooled Silicon X-Ray Drift Detectors with high resolution and high throughput capability. These will soon be available from Canberra as Silicon Drift(SD) Array Detectors.
Japan's #1 Ceramic-to-Metal, hermetic sealing, electrical feedthroughs are now available in America.
We work very closely with our clients, scientists, corporations, researchers, government labs, universities and individuals. Cosmotec respect the accomplishments or achievements with the people involved. This is what we have been doing in Japan for over 25 years.
We will amaze you with our custom manufacturing capabilities. Whether it is "one quantity" order, Cosmotec will work at its best to not let our clients down. We will "WORK TOGETHER" with our clients and find the best solution. Whether they are isolators, ceramic feedthroughs, coaxial and multi-pin connectors, coaxial connectors, multi-pin connectors, double-ended connectors, floating coaxial connectors, multi-pin connectors, ceramic chambers, beam positioning monitors, (BPM), isolator flanges, ceramic isolator flanges, sapphire windows, single-crystal sapphire material, ceramic-to-metal bonding technology, we will provide solutions.
- Taku Sekiguchi, Satoru Hirai, Mark Maidman
GMW is a Distributor and Integrator of Sensors, Transducers, Instruments and Systems based on magnetics. Products and support are provided for: non-contact, isolated sensing of mechanical position and magnetic material; magnetic field and magnetic property measurement; electric current measurement and control; magnetic field generation and control; particle beam control and acceleration.
HUBER Diffraktionstechnik GmbH designs and manufactures high-precision positioning systems primarily used for X-ray diffraction in laboratories and at synchrotron beam sources. Other application fields are diffraction experiments with neutrons, laser technology, astronomy and precise measurement technology. Your Decision for Precision.
Huntington Mechanical Labs offers Ultra High Vacuum components and specializes in vacuum chambers, motion feedthroughs, vacuum valves, manipulators and stages.
Located in the California Sierra Foothills we are here to get you started on a custom project or ship your standard products for next day delivery. Please see what's new at www.huntvac.com
- Megan Hooper, Ron Hooper
Inprentus provides custom mechanically ruled, high-efficiency variable line spacing diffraction gratings for EUV and soft x-ray use, manufactured using a new process developed at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.Inprentus currently manufactures gratings with the following specifications: Up to 130,000 resolving power (based on FWHM); blaze angles down to 0.4 degrees; 300-2500 lines per mm; sizes up to 250mm long x 50mm wide; planar or spherical substrates; Au coating on silicon or fused silica substrates. Inprentus was founded in 2012 by Prof. Peter Abbamonte - a physics professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, who has developed or co-developed many facilities at x-ray light sources, most recently the IEX-CDT soft x-ray project at the Advanced Photon Source.
- Jonathan Manton, John Vigilante
The Kurt J. Lesker Company® offers an extensive list of beam line components and build-to-print UHV services. We also offer a full catalog of standard and custom products to service the Synchrotron market, including CF flange systems, chambers, feedthroughs, and advanced UHV manipulation. We design and manufacture chambers and assemblies that require finite element analysis to assure high stability and minimal deflection under vacuum while meeting stringent vibrational mode criteria. We also have experience in manufacturing Fixed & Moveable Masks/ Absorbers, RF Shielded Bellows and Gaskets, Photon & Safety Shutters, Beam Filters and Slit Assemblies.
- Pierre Hraiz, Zoran Misetic
Light Conversion is the world-leader for tunable ultrafast OPA systems with the worldwide recognized TOPAS series products. Light Conversion is also an established manufacturer of Ytterbium laser PHAROS (180 fs, up to 20w, 2mJ, 1MHz), harmonics generators, parametric amplifier "ORPHEUS". Together the portfolio forms a 'best-in-class' set of devices for femtosecond applications in industry, medicine, and fundamental research.
- Lucian Hand, Andrey Senin
- MDC Vacuum Products, LLC is the world leader in vacuum technology, ceramic-to-metal sealing, and gas delivery solutions. MDC was founded in 1975 to serve a rapidly expanding vacuum industry and to satisfy the increasing demand for high quality vacuum components with fast delivery and reasonable prices. MDC now consists of three unique product divisions which include MDC Vacuum Products, Insulator Seal Inc. (ISIT), and MDC Gas Delivery Products. Our customer base is as varied as our product offering. Some of MDC's customers include national laboratories, colleges and universities, original equipment manufacturers, and domestic as well as international commercial accounts. From the simplest of airtight seals to complex UHV chambers for surface science analysis, MDC's product line provides a comprehensive solution to the world's scientific and industrial markets.
- Tom Bogdan, Val Robinson, Rose Kaslin
- Mewasa is a Swiss Manufacturer (ISO9001-2008) for Precision Edge Welded Bellows, Components and Sub-Assemblies. Mewasa's niche' is focused toward the rapid delivery from prototype as well as production quantities for our customer. We remain committed and focused on highest quality process manufacturing excellence of precision edge welded metal bellows.
- Meinrad Gartmann
Newport Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of MKS Instruments, Inc. (NASDAQ: MKSI ), is a leading global supplier of advanced technology products and systems to customers in the scientific research, microelectronics, life and health sciences, industrial manufacturing and defense/security markets. Newport has many decades of industry knowledge and expertise across a broad range of technologies allowing the company to continually deliver innovative products in the areas of lasers, photonics instrumentation, sub-micron positioning systems, vibration isolation, and optical components and subsystems to enhance the capabilities and productivity of its customers' manufacturing, engineering and research applications.
Newport offers over 15,000 products and also provides motion control products for high energy beam applications and environments including high vacuum.
- Mary Ma, Tyler Parker, Beda Espinoza
- Nor-Cal Products, Inc. is a world-class manufacturer, providing the highest quality of vacuum components, engineered solutions and technological leadership. We are a preferred supplier to several semiconductor and compound semiconductor equipment manufacturers, with components used in almost every phase of semiconductor processing.
Incorporated in 1962, Nor-Cal Products began fabricating stainless steel flanges, fittings, and custom components exclusively for the then emerging vacuum industry. Our knowledge of welding, machining, forming and cleaning stainless steel allowed us to quickly become to premier supplier to equipment manufacturers and national laboratories.
Specialties: High Vacuum Components, Custom Vacuum Chambers & Weldments, Semiconductor & Compound Semiconductor Components, Thermal & Pressure Control Solutions, In-house Electropolish & Chem-Clean, High and Ultra-High Vacuum Chambers, Valves, Traps, Flanges & Fittings
- PI is a leading manufacturer of precision motion control equipment, piezo motors, air bearing stages and hexapod parallel-kinematics for semiconductor applications, photonics, bio-nano-technology and medical engineering. PI has been developing and manufacturing standard & custom precision products with piezoceramic and electromagnetic drives for 4 decades. The company has been ISO 9001 certified since 1994 and provides innovative, high-quality solutions for OEM and research. PI is present worldwide with eleven subsidiaries, R&D / engineering on 3 continents and total staff of 800+.
- Jeff Gabriel
- Quantum Detectors commercialises, delivers and supports world leading detector technology to all the major synchrotrons around the globe. Our aim is to raise and unify the quality of the facilities available, with a particular focus on throughput, for scientists who are at the forefront of research in their field.
- Roger Goldsbrough, Olivia Sleator
Rayonix high-speed, high-resolution X-ray detectors have no count rate limitation, no gaps in the imaging area and only 1msec dead time. New detector geometries allow the direct beam to pass through, for simultaneous SAXS/WAXS data collection. Talk to us about custom versions of our detectors.
Rayonix L.L.C. now offers XFEL X-ray detectors. The Rayonix HS (High-Speed), high-resolution X-ray detectors have no count rate limitation, no gaps in the imaging area and only 1msec dead time. New detector geometries allow the direct beam to pass through, also useful for simultaneous SAXS/WAXS data collection.
- Michael Blum, Ross Doyle, Christine Muchmore
Rigaku Innovative Technologies designs and builds innovative instruments, multilayer coatings and advanced focusing monochromators. Capabilities include multiple-stripe DMMs and graded d-spacings on complex optics to 1200mm. RIT now refurbishes synchrotron optics, cleaning or removing old coatings before applying new coatings. Rigaku/Osmic’s renowned scientific team helps solve your difficult problems.
- Nick Grupido
- Spellman High Voltage Electronics is the world's leading provider of custom designed and standard AC-DC and DC-DC high voltage power converters and Monoblock® X-Ray sources for medical, industrial, semiconductor, security, analytical, laboratory, and under-sea cable power-feed applications. With design, manufacturing and service facilities in the US, UK, Mexico, China and Japan, and direct sales offices throughout Europe, Asia and North America, Spellman is committed to supporting advanced system providers and their customers throughout the world.
- John Coppola, Paul Oranges
High and Ultra High Vacuum environments, UC Components “RediVac®” vented screws provide a path for trapped air to be pumped away from blind-tapped holes resulting in faster and cleaner pump-down of vacuum systems. Combined with UC’s proprietary cleaning procedure removes potential contaminates from voids resulting in higher throughput and yields. The “RediVac®” process insures that components are inspected, cleaned and packaged in a Class 100 cleanroom environment. UC Components has provided consistency for over 42 years.
- Chris Malocsay
- XIA LLC produces advanced X-ray and gamma-ray digital signal processing electronics and related instruments with applications in research and industry.
- Peter Grudberg
SSRL and LCLS Users’ Meeting gratefully acknowledges the support of exhibitors and sponsors. This does not constitute an endorsement of this or any sponsors’ products or services.
Several parallel workshops will be held on October 5th and 7th. This annual meeting, which traditionally involves ~300 participants, provides a valuable opportunity for the scientific user community, vendors and other colleagues to interact and discuss the latest science and technology. We look forward to seeing you there!