Visa Information

Visa Waiver Program (VWP)

On a reciprocal basis, citizens of countries participating in the VWP may enter the U.S. for short-term business or tourist visits without having to obtain a B-1/B-2 visa stamp at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Updated information and more information regarding the program (e.g. which countries and airlines participate in the VWP, requirements on machine readable passport and proof of short stay and support) can be found on the U.S. Department of State website. International visitors to the US from VWP countries are required to apply for travel authorization prior to travel to the US via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Please be sure to check your passport to make sure it is electronically readable and compatible with this online system. The ESTA processing fee is $14.00 as of March 2013.

Business Visitor B-1 Visa

If your country does NOT participate in the VWP, you must obtain a B-1 (business) entry visa stamp before entering the United States. Information on the B-1 visa can be found on the U.S. Embassies or Consulates website. Please note that obtaining a B-1 visa can take a long time, so begin the visa application process as soon as possible.

If you need a letter to apply for a visa to attend SUNCAT 2013, please send us the following information on the Contact Us page: Name, Full Address, Institution, Email, Phone. We will then be in touch with you once the visa letter is ready.